Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chicken Curry and Steamed Veggies.

Here's a quick one for you. While Beth is in New Orleans partying it up at Mardis Gras (she's actually there for a Psychology conference... good timing!) I am at home recovering and cooking for myself.

When I was at Trader Joe's yesterday I picked some of the new Curry Chicken Breast Tenders. They are just raw chicken tenders marinating in some bright yellow curry sauce. I usually by the Pollo Asado and Carne Asade that comes packed the same way and they are both killer. The good thing about these packages is that there is a lot of meat... typically 5-6 servings. So I portion it out and freeze it. Enough of that.

So I got home late tonight and already had some of the Curry chicken waiting in the fridge so I busted out the the grill pan, chicken, veggies, and steamer bag.

If you haven't tried the new steamer bags that Glad and Ziploc are making I highly suggest them. They steam all kinds for vegetables to perfection in 4-6 minutes and I have even steamed up some chicken in them.

I heated the grill pan, sprayed it with some olive oil and got the chicken going.


Then I threw a ton veggies (Brussels sprouts, green beans, mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, and red onions) along with some salt, pepper, and curry powder.


I topped it all with a some lemon pepper and a little bit of soy sauce (reduced sodium of course). It only took be about 10 minutes to whip this together and it was good. The curry chicken tenders are winner!


Go Eat.

1 comment:

SixTwoThree said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely getting some on my next Trader Joe's run!